Ancient Chinese kerosene lamp - Guangzhou
- Oil lamp from China, it is an old lamp dating from the beginning / middle of the 20th century.
- Invented in 1853 by Polish pharmacist Ignacy Lukasiewicz, kerosene lamps arrived very quickly in China.
- It is a luminaire made up of a tank which will contain kerosene (petroleum distillate). This distillate thanks to a wick rises towards the spout. The whole is surmounted by a glass fireplace.
- This lamp no longer has a wick.
- The Chinese used this kind of lamp a lot during the Cultural Revolution.