Old Chinese Golden Theater Headdress - Fire Phoenix - Jade
1453/5000 Old Chinese Golden Theater Headdress:
- Chinese Plays can relate to very different eras. The costumes worn by the actors are extremely varied.
- We'll find three types of suits: The national Costume "old", the national costume "modern" and finally the foreign costumes.
- Here we have a headdress of an old costume. By the variety of colors and the richness of the ornaments, this headdress plays a very important role in the eyes of the public.
- This headdress is a headdress worn by the emperor or empress of the play, it is gilded metal, plated copper / brass.
- We will find semi precious stones on this cap of category B or C (having undergone a treatment to improve the color of the stones)
- there are also many parts of this headdress cloisonné.
- Cloisonné is a technique for making enamel objects.
This technique is very present in China.
- This headdress are based on metal where patterns are applied by metal strips, directly welded to the base of it. The cells are then filled with colored enamel using a syringe. Everything is finally cooked and then sanded.
- We have completely restored this headdress in our workshop in Beijing, so it is now in very good condition.
- This is a rare item.
- This headdress dates from the beginning / middle of the 20th century.
The Colors of the Costumes:
- The Red: Symbol of dignity and joy.
- The Black: This color is reserved for the highest officials, it symbolizes the severity and humble.
- The Yellow: symbol of the imperial family, emperors.
- Le White: This color is reseve for the mourning.
- The Pink: Color of joy, gaiety and finally lightness.
- The Green: Color of the concubines but also the color of the maids.
- The Blue: Symbolizes honesty and simplicity.