Chinese Bone Crickets Cages - Dragonflies
The crickets in China:
- Crickets are very important in the Chinese tradition. They symbolize happiness and longevity. They are usually raised for fighting.
- Under the Tang dynasty, each year the ladies of the imperial palace caught crickets and locked them up in small cages made of rattan, so they can hear them chirp.
- Under the Song Dynasty, the Chinese no longer heard the chirp of crickets but they used Cricket to fight (Battle of crickets).
- The Chinese were accustomed to raise crickets for combat. In order to transport them the used cages which could be wood, bone or metal. Following the prohibition of gambling in China this tradition was lost in the middle of the twentieth century.
- Crickets Cages are made from many different kind of materials. Our Cages are made of Yak or Buffalo Bone.
- The door of this Chinese Bone Crickets cage easily slides (Open or Close).
- This object can be for collectors but it can also be a beautiful decorative object.