Chinese cricket cage in Cloisonne - Green
The crickets in China:
- Crickets are very important in the Chinese tradition. They symbolize happiness and longevity. They are usually raised for fighting.
- Under the Tang dynasty, each year the ladies of the imperial palace caught crickets and locked them up in small cages made of rattan, so they can hear them chirp.
- Under the Song Dynasty, the Chinese no longer heard the chirp of crickets but they used Cricket to fight (Battle of crickets).
- The Chinese were accustomed to raise crickets for combat. In order to transport them the used cages which could be wood, bone or metal. Following the prohibition of gambling in China this tradition was lost in the middle of the twentieth century.
- This Crickets cage is in Cloisonne, The cloisonne is a technique for making objects in enamel. This technique is very present in China.
The Asian decorative candle:
- You can also transform this object decorative candle.
- Chinese Items Company specialized in selling antiques and crafts from China and Asia offers a unique decorating idea: The Chinese Candle. This candle is created from a traditional Chinese cricket cage.
- The basic idea was to transform an unusual and ancient object into a modern and decorating items (original and useful).
- The Chinese Candle is essentially composed of an ancient Chinese cricket cage made of metal.