Oil painting - Miao Portrait - 25x30cm - 7
Canvas Painting - Miao Women - Portraits
Oil paintings on canvas depicting the faces of women of the Miao minority:
We offer a selection of oil paintings depicting beautiful faces of women from the Chinese Miao minority. The faces are made by several Chinese minority painters.
Type of painting: Oil painting, hand painted.
Frame: Canvas only. This canvas is sold without chassis, it is possible to buy a chassis on the site.
These paintings are made with oil paint, a technique appreciated by artists-painters, because it offers the possibility to create a wide range of effects of matter, transparency and brightness. Therefore, oil painting offers painters great creative possibilities, and artists we have selected use it to offer you works sometimes realistic, sometimes poetic. Browse the world of Chinese oil painting with the selection of our Chinese objects shop and escape by contemplating the richness and variety of these original and unique creations by contemporary artists.
History of the Miao Minority:
- The Miao tribe is a mountain people as well as a large Chinese minority mainly located in the south of China. The Miao diaspora has members in France, the United States and Australia. Nowadays, the Miao live as well in the countryside as in the city. However, they kept the practice of their ancient religious traditions (animists), embroidery, music and jewelry making.
- This Chinese ethnic group saw some of its members settle in Laos in the nineteenth century and export its talents and expertise in the manufacture of traditional and ethnic jewelry. Following civil wars, decolonization in Asia and repression in China, the Miao migrated to other countries in Southeast Asia, as well as to Europe, North America and Oceania. There are more than 5 million members of the Miao tribe around the world.
- Members of the Miao tribe specialize in the creation and manufacture of pendants, necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings and hair picks. These jewels are inspired by the culture, craftsmanship and beliefs of the tribe. They usually have a religious, cultural or historical significance. Many brands have taken the concept of ethnic jewelry to market, so it is common in the West to find fake jewelry Miao.
The meaning of Miao symbols:
- bamboo: longevity and courage
- the rooster: represents glory and success
- the butterfly: ancient symbol that suggests the old age
- fish: emblem of abundance and wealth
- the horse: perseverance and speed
- the cat: protection and longevity
- the cloud: sky and fertility
- coins: symbol of wealth
- the crane: longevity and the desire to climb the hierarchy
- the sun: symbol of the sky, the emperor and the intellectual awakening
- the deer: wealth and personal fulfillment
- the dragon: benevolence and authority
- flames: they symbolize fire and energy consumption
- the lion: protection against dangers
- the lotus: purity, perfection and fertility
- mountains: they represent stability and longevity
- the tiger: protects children from harm