Chinese Votive Statue - Qing Dynasty - Old lady - polychrome
Antique Chinese Carved Wood Statue
Temple Figure, Chinese Monk, GuanYin and Bodhisattva:
- Antique Chinese Hand Carved Wood Temple Statue from Qing Dynasty.
- The seated figure rests upon a throne, clad in an elegant Mandarin robe and a crown. This piece exhibits so much character and life. Beautiful expression, marvelous subtle coloration, and gentle countenance. This wooden temple figure featuring expressive detail and remnants of polychrome coloration.
- This hand carved wood statue originates from Hunan Province, renowned for antique Chinese woodcarvings, is over 200 years old.
- The carving is indicative of Qing-style workmanship, which was considered an art form of woodworking that makes this piece very rare.
- During the Qing Dynasty, wood figures were representative of individuals who had influence or were noted and respected among their peers.
- This antique Chinese carved wood statue is a must-have for any collector. - This is an old statue from the Nineteenth century (not a reproduction).