Large Chinese Dignitary painting on Paper - Night Blue
- The chinese ancestors respect strict codified criterias. These portraits follow a standard compositional formula, including presentation of the figure full length and seated with a frontal orientation. We can see that according to different ancestors portrait only the face changes however, the facial expression stays the same.
- The Chinese ancestors drawings are made depending on different beliefs as Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism and peoples religion.
- The Chinese ancestors represents a deceased in a still posture with a festive attire (Chinese dignitaries dress and hat).
- The majority of the portraits are classified as ancestor, or memorial portraits, defined as likenesses painted for the purpose of ritual worship.
- The chinese ancestors are painted by virtue of to two codes : the need for verisimilitude and the desire to embellish the portrait of the deceased.
- Chinese Ancestors painting on rice paper, this kind of painting are called in China or in Japon Chinese Kakemono.
- This Chinese painting is assembled on a wooden tube.
- The Qing dynasty was the last dynasty of China (ruling from 1644 to 1912). This dynasty was founded by the Manchu (Manchuria).
- You will find on this Website one of the most complete series of those Chinese ancestors portraits at the moment in France and Europe.
- Our Chinese Ancestors painting are all in good condition.