Old Chinese ancestors portrait painting - Couple de dignitaires
Family of Chinese dignitaries - Chinese Emperor of the Qing Dynasty - Former
- This is a true portrait of Chinese ancestors, dating back to the Qing Dynasty, restored in our Beijing workshop. When we restore the ancestors we never touch the canvas and the background (background), we restore only the characters.
- These paintings come from a traditional Chinese art that goes back to antiquity and allows descendants to maintain a link with their ancestors.
- This painting dates from the Qing dynasty (1644-1912), it is not a reproduction. You will receive this canvas without the chassis. Unique and rare painting.
- The chinese ancestors respect strict codified criterias. These portraits follow a standard compositional formula, including presentation of the figure full length and seated with a frontal orientation. We can see that according to different ancestors portrait only the face changes however, the facial expression stays the same.
- The Chinese ancestors drawings are made depending on different beliefs as Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism and peoples religion.
- The Chinese ancestors represents a deceased in a still posture with a festive attire (Chinese dignitaries dress and hat).
- The majority of the portraits are classified as ancestor, or memorial portraits, defined as likenesses painted for the purpose of ritual worship.
- The chinese ancestors are painted by virtue of to two codes : the need for verisimilitude and the desire to embellish the portrait of the deceased.
- You will find on this Website one of the most complete series of those Chinese ancestors portraits at the moment in France and Europe.
- Our Chinese Ancestors painting are all in good condition.