Old Chinese Mandarin in blue and white statue
Chinese porcelain statue:
- Porcelain Statue representing a Chinese mandarin.
- This statue is a faithful reproduction of the Qing porcelain "blue and white".
- Like all porcelain Qing there is a resemblance to Ming porcelain "blue and white" but the copy is not entirely the same, blue is less clear than the Ming blue sapphire.
Mandarins in China:
- "Mandarin" is a term that refers to a bureaucrat in imperial China.
- For around 1300 years, from 605 to 1905, mandarins were selected by merit through the extremely rigorous imperial examination.