Old Chinese Seal in Jade - Bamboo carved in stone
Ancient Chinese Seal - Early/middle twentieth century:
- A seal is the form of graphic identification used in China by the emperors since the invention of writing to sign official acts.
- In China, their use is very old. It should be known that the Chinese writing called "sigillary" comes from the writing engraved seals.
- Chinese seals are engraved in a large number of materials, such as wood, jade ...
- Here the seal is made in a soft Shoushan stone found in the Fujian region.
- Much more than just a signature, Chinese seals are an art form in their own right.
- This is an authentic object and not a reproduction. This seal is between 60 and 80 years old.