Old round neck Miao Minority - Child
Ethnic Minority - The Miao:
- Miao minority is an important minority in China.
- The Miao are about 9 million and their distribution is relatively wide.
- Miao found mainly in southern China (Yunnan, Guizhou, Hubei, Zhuang, and Sichuan).
- The clothing of the Miao minority has features that vary from one province to another.
- Traditional costumes of different branches of the Miao ethnic group vary, though the craftsmanship needed to make the costumes always reaches the peak of perfection. Usually, making a set of traditional Miao clothes takes a Miao woman 1-2 years.
- The Miao people usually use white gunny, cotton or silk as fabric. The processing methods include simple and rustic dip dyeing, wax printing and ingenuous embroidery. In addition, bright colored and shining silver ornaments are embedded in the dresses made with the processed fabric.
- The Miao embroidery and silver jewelry are delicate and beautiful. From hats, collars, and cuffs to skirts and baby carriers, the patterns on their clothes are extremely colorful, complicated but with clean lines.
- Ancien Costume d'enfant Chinois, venant de la minorité ethniques Miao.µ
- Il s'agit d'une veste ayant appartenue à une petite fille Miao.
- Old Child Chinese costume, from the ethnic minority Miao.
- This is a jacket that belonged to a little Miao girl.
- This jacket is made of cotton (calendering technique is used here). The jacket is decorated with Miao jewelry which are made of white copper and silber + embroidery (handmade).
- We bought this jacket in the Yunan province, purchased from a person belonging to the Chinese Miao minority. This is an authentic piece.