Shanxi old embroidery - Mobile Baby - Butterfly
Shanxi old embroidery:
- Ancient Chinese embroidery of ShanXi province which is offered to children at birth in order to bring them luck.
- Traditional embroidery dating from the late nineteenth century.
- Chinese embroidery is a traditional handwork of China which occupies a very important place in the history of Chinese art.
- This art is practiced throughout China but we will find differences among provinces.
- Embroidery works are divided into different series depending on the subject. We find the flowers, animals, landscapes and some non-figurative ornaments.
- Here embroidery applies on "toys" for children. (Between 120 and 150 years).