Small Chinese Cloisonné Enamel Box - Green
Chinese metal box in Cloisonné. Small box from China
- This box is in Cloisonne, The cloisonne is a technique for making objects in enamel. This technique is very present in China.
- Cloisonné is an ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects, in recent centuries using vitreous enamel.
- The decoration is formed by first adding compartments to the metal object by soldering or adhering metal wires or thin strips placed on their edges.
- These remain visible in the finished piece, separating the different compartments of the enamel which are often of several colors.
- Cloisonné enamel objects are worked on with enamel powder made into a paste, which then needs to be fired in a kiln.