Small Chinese Marble Dreamstone Painting - Guai shi
Chinese Dreamstone - Painting on Marble Stone:
- Of circular form, the grey and black inclusions in the stone resembling a landscape.
- Dali Dreamstones are marble slabs which are mined, cut and polished by stone masters to reveal the patterns that resemble traditional Korean, Chinese or Japanese paintings,
- Landscape comprised of mountain, forest and lake.
- The raw marble slabs for Dali items are mined from a mountain called Cang Shan.
- After selecting, cutting and polishing the marble, its revealed designs are categorized into three basic types:
* Moshi also called BaiShi (white Jade)
* Cai Hua (colored Flowers)
* Yunhui (grey clouds)
- Dali marble become Art around 600-800 during the Tang Dynasty, then during the Song Dynasty a portion of the Dali Kingdom’s annual tribute to the Song Court had to be paid in Dali marble.
- Sold with the wooden support.