Tibetan Reliquary - Gao
- Tibetan Buddhist Amulet & Prayer Gau Ghao in Copper & Silver Box.
- The Silk covered box contains written prayers sacred yantra diagram of the kalachakra, the prayers and yantras are hand inscribed and block-printed.
The Buddha image shows age wear as expected and the box is very finely made with dragons flanking the Buddha image and a ferocious Foo Lion at its feet.
- Mahakala Gau Shrine: The Tibetan Mahakala Ghau, (prayer box) was used to carry sacred relics, magical charms and medicinal herbs, and acted as portable shrines used for protection when traveling.
- This Tibetan Gau Portable Shrine can be worn hanging from the neck or from a waist sash or belt.
- These Tibetan Gau Portable Shrine are crafted by a small group of Tibetan Refuge artisans currently living Nepal.